Thursday, June 24, 2010

Against him

The One,
became the other,
became the other,
became the one

and so

the one becoming,
was.

the unknowable then became 

the all.

in the beginning,

when there was no heaven,
there was no hell.
and satan,
(shall I take that name?),
was unemployed.
beelzebub?
merely a (to be) hebrew pun.

odd perhaps,

that children of the son of Sofia
should be,
so unwise.

should waste,

should waste,

so much energy,
in this world, 
filled with real beauty,
and real evils,
obsessing about
unseen and unknowable beauty,
and
invisible and imaginary evil.
(but the son of wisdom being truly mad,
or not being, is the subject of that question.)
they, his children, must create - 
a heaven and its angels,
a hell and its demons,
catalog a heavenly host,
write imaginary demonologies,
(Ah, kramer and sprenger, my sons, my sons...
I would to god I had claim of thee,
but I do not, for they are his.)
kill each other,
endlessly,
over imaginary ideas.

even I?

even I,
could not have come up 
with a thought 
so preposterous.

but as they, 

his children, 
invented it,
I, 
his brother
shall make use of it.

I shall use it against them,

and so,
against him.

No comments:

Post a Comment