Monday, May 17, 2021

I Find Myself

 I find myself waiting
Sometimes I lose my self
It is like
A pendulum
A plumb bob
Newton's apple
There is
That moment
Just
Before
The pawl releases
The wheel moves forward
One tooth
And then another
Rocking like a child
On her toy horse
The sand above
stretches
To the horizon
Zenith darkness
Nadir darkness
And in between
Where it falls
Grain by grain
Is Darkness

In The City are many streets
Lined with structures
Buildings if you will
Buildings if you won’t
Faces to the streets
Backs to
Well, whatever it is their backs are to.
Buildings filled with emptiness
Buildings filled with space
Buildings filled with stars
Buildings filled with the space between the stars
And there is the Street of Books
Books are the Key
The One Key is in The One Book
Eldest placed it there
Thinking it the safest place
And you know how it is
When you put something somewhere safe
Somewhere you will remember
So you can find it when you need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment