Friday, May 5, 2017

Number Six

Beat me here this time. She stiff?

Not yet. 

We're gettin closer....

Dream on.... 

Huh. So... if I'm countin' right, this makes what... six?

Yeah, she's number six.

Six. 

Got any idea how long ago.

Not long. Still warm, no rigor. 
  So just before sunrise.

Looks like it.

He doesn't seem to like the light.

Most of 'em don't.

Yeah, well this guy ain't like most of 'em no matter what way you look at it.

No shit.

You guys just document  the scene and tag an bag her?

Pretty much.

Just to confirm, no eyes?

No eyes.

No other apparent trauma?

Nothin. 

Huh.

You guys seen this before?

Yeah, that's why we're here. We're special.

I gathered. I wonder how he did it.

Did what?

Removed her eyes so clean, I mean look, no bruising, no lacerations or damage to the eyelids, no blood, no apparent damage at all to the orbits, usually when you get an eye gouged out it's a mess... but see? The sockets look clean, almost, I don't know, not cauterized, there's no evidence of heat... it's just... like they just disappeared, it's fucking weird.

No shit.

You doing the autopsy?

Nah, I'm not a pathologist,

Know who'll get this one?


Uh, whoever's on rotation for today, if they get to it.

Oh they'll get to it today. I'll guarantee that.

Uh... OK.

Tell ya what, I'm gonna follow these guys in and talk to whoever's in charge here.

Hah! That would be you.

True, true. Anyway, I want you to hang out here.  Does she have the mark?

 Not that I could see, but it might be under her clothes, won't know till they get her on the table. But I haven't seen anything.
 
If there's no mark that means our friend hasn't put in an appearance yet , so maybe you can keep an eye out for him while I get things moving officially.

Oh man, this call got me outta bed! I haven't had any breakfast yet.

Life's a bitch.

Then ya die.

Hungry, in your case.


I'll bring ya somethin when I come back. I shouldn't be too long.

Sausage Mcwhatever. 

Those things'll kill ya, ya know.

Says the man who smokes cigars. 

laughs

Coffee?

Coffee.

Ok guys. I'm following you, so don't be runnin any red lights, or I'm gonna be pissed.

No sir.

Hey, before we go I got another question.

Yeah?

Any 'a you guys seen a cat?

A cat?

Yeah, a white cat. Real pretty, kinda seems to glow.

Don't think so. Any of you see a cat?

Donnoh. I think I mighta seen something as we pulled up. But I wouldn't swear to it.  

Who called it in? 

It was a jogger found her.

You got info?

Yeah we got her name and a number. Who was it... Kowalski? yeah, she was the patrol officer, took her statement, she was pretty shook up. Probably won't be runnin on this trail again any time soon.   

Good. 
When you get my Bona Fides, I get that info from ya.
Won't ask for it now, since you don't know me from Adam. Cept of course for the Badge and the ID, but I could be anybody.

Uh, right.  

'K, let's get this started. The sooner we catch this bastard the sooner we all go home.  

Don't forget my coffee!

  




No comments:

Post a Comment