Sunday, March 21, 2010

I will

Falling

I
am falling

It is here again,
somewhere
I feel it again
within the city again
hungry again
waiting, stalking, seeking
again

someone else
is going to die
tonight.

And I can't stop it.

No one can stop it.

They think I'm crazy now
some of them
they will lock me up
if they can find me
so I move
from place to place
waiting for her
to show me the way
to the newly dead

I don't know why

I call her Sofia now

I don't know why.

The white cat.
The white cat.

I had a job once
I remember
I was important

no
I thought
I was important

I was wrong

When
I was younger
I
used to read
stupid fantasy
sword and sorcery

stupid shit.

Heros
and princesses
and elves
and quests
and magic swords
and talking animals
and Mages
and Magic

Magick

and Chosen Ones

The Chosen One

Such simple books.
Such simple worlds.
Such simple choices.

Choice?

Who has a choice?
Who gets to choose?

Those he has taken,
did they have a choice?
did I have a choice?

What will happen
if
I choose
to
not
see
her
this
time?

I will ignore her.
I won't look.
I will close my eyes.
I will walk by.
I will...

I will...

No comments:

Post a Comment