Friday, November 5, 2010

whom god would destroy

Whom god would destroy he first makes mad

He came to me in my dreams
and this he said -
I will make you king over all
you shall be king hereafter
I shall give you dominion
over all the peoples of the world
hear my voice.
You shall be greater than pharaoh
greater than nebuchadnezzar
greater that the Assyrians
the Egyptians
You shall be greatest
none shall be able to stand
before you -

within the ruined temple
upon the mount
there I dwell
if you will but purify it
sanctify it
restore it.

Drive from your kingdom the priests
of the other gods
slay them
burn their bones
and worship me.

Only me.

Send to me your priest
that I may speak with him
I shall give to him my book
and teach him how
my temple shall be
and how this
the city of my temple shall be.
I shall teach him
and he shall teach you.

And now, as I am dying,
shot through with arrows
abandoned on the field of battle by my god,
for whom I did everything.
I see, at last, clearly,
through the veil he cast over my mind
the dark glass he placed before my eyes
his true nature.
and I ask myself why,

why, if he was truly the god of my people
why, if he truly had the powers he claimed
why, if he truly was who he said he was
why then, did he need me?

I was weak, and he was weak,
but I fed him and he grew strong.
He fed upon me
and he feeds upon my people.
I have brought destruction upon my people
all the blood we gave him
will not be enough
for he is still bound to the temple
I know not how
nor why.

Which of the two priesthoods
were the keepers of the truth?
Which of the two priesthoods
is the keeper of the keys
to the chains that bind him
I fear now
I fear
that I have given power
to the followers of the dark

Oh Sophia
why have you come to me now?

Take me back to my city
That I may undo that which I have done.
Before I die

But I fear
it is too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment