Saturday, December 26, 2009

King of infinite space

Oh that this too too solid flesh should...

but that's not it.

no.

falling -
fallen -
fallen into darkness.
where it waits.
knife toothed,
razor hungry.
a hungered emptiness
which cannot be filled,
tho the fear be endless
and the terror
a well
eternal
unstopped.

Quelle.
Spring.
Source.

There is a blackness,
and there is,
deeper still,
a blackness -
that is more
than the mere absence
of light.

There it waits.
it waits.
it waits.

Dreaming.
I am dreaming
I dream,
waiting.

It waits also,
there
in the space
in between.
darker than ravens wings
on moonless nights
in unstarred
empty
skies.

Shall I take flight?
or does it smell my fear?
like a bloodhound
in the spooling vortices
and eddies.
currents of time
turbulent as the wind
over the mountains
where it waits
at the end of every path.

In that sleep of death
what dreams may come?

It found her there
she was the first
and
I found her
and touched her
and received the gift
of her pain.

Damn the cat.

When I
was a child I had dreams
of The Dark City

The City of Night

I feared the city
its emptiness
its vastness
the endless labyrinth
(King Minos in all his pride
never dreamt of such)
of its streets
boulevards
avenues
The childs nightmare
of being lost
in a strange place
far from home.

I want to go home.

and by a sleep to say we end -

but we do not.
I do not.
it is neither here
nor there.
I carry it with me
and I draw it after.

And so it fears me
and desires me
an accident of fate

no more.

Damn the cat.

I saw them against the sky
the two of them
not believing
not believing
not one word.

But they couldn't pin it on me
They didn't know how she died
they couldn't figure out the how.

I knew.
I know.
But could not,
cannot,
tell them
for my tongue is tied.

Damn the cat.

And even could I speak -
they would not believe.

They're of the world,
they're in the world,
and will not see
the places
in between.

So now
they watch me
and they wonder
about the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment